Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 816's, 9440's, and more............

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    816's, 9440's, and more............

    I've seen a lot of modded 825/828's, but these are a new one to me.

    Seems like a lotta stuff in one lot.

    6 ALTEC LANSING SPEC. PA CAB W 800 WATT ALTEC AMP - eBay (item 150336367660 end time Apr-08-09 15:17:59 PDT)
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2008
    Location
    SEPA
    Posts
    633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 816's, 9440's, and more............

    Saw those as well. Interesting.

    Maybe if I had a truck.

    ...and a barn.

    :-)

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    816's, 9440's, and more............


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: 816's, 9440's, and more............

    Very badly made home brew cabs. Best for firewood.

    OTOH everything else....kewl.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 816's, 9440's, and more............

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Very badly made home brew cabs. Best for firewood.

    OTOH everything else....kewl.
    That's similar to my thoughts......... the auction says something about being built to spec..... I wonder what spec they're talking about? Certainly not Altec. The "816's" don't have curved flares, they're straight, and the "828's" look like they have flat bottoms, and the baffles aren't right. Granted I've thought about building horns with straight flares, but I wouldn't pretend that they're "built to spec" and worth a lot of money..... of course it's likely the seller doesn't know that. Then there's the whole second driver in the bottom of the 828's....... I know some people have put "subs" down there, but it looks like the reflex section is totally gone. I wonder what the components are worth...... those amps can bring some money but the 421's don't normally bring much compared to 416's or 515's, of coarse it sounds like there are 7 of them. I've got no idea about the other stuff.....snake, eq. I'd think this lot would be best separated. While it's parts may be worth the price, it's not a combination that I'd be interested in at that price.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 816's, 9440's, and more............

    I was curious about the amp.....

    I bet we will see some of this parted out in the weeks to come....

    Looks pretty beefy.


    -chris

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: 816's, 9440's, and more............

    I didn't get a good look at the 816 cabs until i saw them on this monitor, LOL i still enjoy a good bonfire.

    I certainly wouldn't pay the BIN, but i'd gamble a 500 dollar offer on the lot, and just might as it's time remaining wears thin.

    I figure the 421's gotta be worth at least 25 bucks apiece, the amp 100-150, the 511's 150-200 depending on the drivers. I know that at those prices it all flips on ebay for a good profit margin in the winter months.

    Just my .02
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member
    816's, 9440's, and more............


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: 816's, 9440's, and more............

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    the auction says something about being built to spec..... I wonder what spec they're talking about?

    The blueprint they had was a bad Xerox copy...they built to the specks instead of the drawn lines...


    If it wasn't for the transpo issues I would buy it and split it up among the folks here.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.